- “Adjusted net earnings attributable to common shareholders”, “Adjusted net earnings per share”, “Adjusted operating cash flow”, “Attributable production cost of sales per equivalent ounce sold” and “Attributable all-in sustaining cost per equivalent ounce sold” figures used throughout this report are non-GAAP financial measures. For the definition and reconciliation of these non-GAAP measures, refer to Section 11, Supplemental Information of Management’s Discussion and Analysis in this report. Adjusted operating cash flow per share, also a non-GAAP measure, is defined as “adjusted operating cash flow” divided by the “weighted average number of common shares outstanding (basic)”. The weighted average number of common shares outstanding (basic) during the year ended December 31, 2014 was 1,144.3 million (2013: 1,142.1 million; 2012: 1,139.1 million).
- Kinross’ guidance and outlook for 2015 represents forward-looking information and users are cautioned that actual results may vary. Please refer to the Cautionary Statement on page 75, as well as the Company’s news release dated February 10, 2015, available on our website at www.kinross.com for more information.
- “Attributable” are based on Kinross’ 90% share of Chirano production.
- See Kinross’ 2014 Mineral Reserve and Mineral Resource Statement released on February 10, 2015 and on pages 67 to 73 in this report.
- Reported net loss includes an after-tax non-cash impairment charge of $932.2 million (2013: $2,834.1 million; 2012: $3,206.1 million) which includes charges related to property, plant and equipment of $342.5 million at Tasiast and $213.8 million at Chirano.
- On June 10, 2013, the Company announced its decision to cease development of Fruta del Norte (“FDN”). As a result, FDN was classified as a discontinued operation. On December 17, 2014, the Company disposed of its interest in FDN. On June 28, 2012, the Company disposed of its interest in Crixás. The comparative figures exclude the results of FDN and Crixás.
- Figures reported for 2010 and 2011 have not been recast for IFRS 11, which was adopted on January 1, 2013.
- Refers to all of the currencies in the countries where the Company has mining operations, fluctuating simultaneously by 10% in the same direction, either appreciating, or depreciating, taking into consideration the impact of hedging and the weighting of each currency within our consolidated cost structure.